New Version (4.0) of TSMManager has been released
August 28th, 2005
We are pleased to announce the release of version 4.0 of TSMManager!
Can you upgrade to this version?
That depends on the "maintenance end date" of your license. You can see at the top of your viewer window when your maintenance expires. If this date is earlier than the date of the current download version, then you cannot run it. It will install, but it will not run. If this is the case, you have to buy additional maintenance time for your programme.
If your date is later than the current download version, just go ahead and upgrade at no charge at all.
What is new in this version?
Now supports 306 out of 327 commands in TSM 5.3 (used to be 200 commands)
- Single node history enhanced
- Server history enhanced
- Storage pool history enhanced
- Message lists are preserved during collector restart
- Multiple admin consoles can be open at the same time
- Viewer options (prompt when changing server, sounds, etc.)
- New function: Cross server - process summary
- New function: Cross server - adm. schedule status
- New function: Cross server - Client schedule status
- New function: Cross server - Outstanding requests
- New function: Cross server - Running processes
- New function: Cross server - all nodes overview
- Schedule status details window enhanced
- Drive usage reworked into
- Drive usage analysis (all new)
- Server script execute function added
- Automatic create of DB and log mirror volumes
- Show volume contents improved
- New function: All filespaces
- Only admins with TSM system privilege can change TSMManager settings
- Display of which volumes are used for a backupset
- 12 new functions for import/export
- Improved 365 day history print
- New 365 history data collected: library usage and number of mounts
- New function: DRM settings
- New function: server groups
- FastPath implemented to give quick access if you know the TSM command
- Immediate schedules (actions) implemented
- DRM machine and recovery media definitions
- Warnings window rewritten (all new)
- Put multiple drives offline/online
- Cancel multiple sessions
- Access client web interface directly from TSMM Automatic check for "outstanding requests" every 5 minutes
- Optional alert sounds for "outstanding request" and "server down"
- Optional OK message sent by Email at schedule conclusion
- Last 10 daily reports displayable
- Delete of volume from vault return list